Saturday, December 29, 2007
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Every year they have stand-ins so that the production staff can figure out their camera angles and such. Since the release of the pink line they decided to do something different. They had aspiring young fashion model from around the country come in and act as those stand-ins. For the lucky girl with the best walk, she was able to participate in the show and she was amazing, even giving a wink at the end.
It was especially louder in the audience this year as they had a lot of young teens amongst celebrities like Jeremy Piven, Eva Longoria, Ryan Seacrest, Neil Patrick Harris to name a few. The fashion model were much more interactive this year trying to gage the audience but still maintaining their poise at the end of the runway. Blowing kisses at the fans and doing their signature looks in their close-up shots at the end of the runway. What I love about Victoria Secret fashion model besides being the top models of the world is that they always know exactly what to do on camera, always conscious of their surroundings and whereabouts and there is never an awkward angle or odd pose, so effortless.
Once again Victoria Secret Fashion Show did not fail to deliver on their guests Will.I.Am, Seal and a duet with his wife, Heidi Klum (Yes, they debuted their duet with a kiss at the end, to the screaming crowd) and ofcourse the Spice Girls brought the show alive. The music is always fresh and mixed well and the girls no exactly how to move.
I love the backstage filming, the P.A.s and all of the assistants all around, you can see everything going on in front on the stage and in the back. You get to be part of whats going on backstage which is always crazy and fun. It allows you to see how you can be composed and perform on stage and serious and fast backstage with the directors giving directions and cues that they give to the fashion models and staff.
- Video clips of the models
- A segment in the middle had the models starting on a revolving circle that had the girls dancing on it before it reached the runway for them to walk on it.
- Spice Girls - I got goosebumps when they lip-synced, i can't believe their back. Singing STOP brought back so many childhood memories. (I loved how they kept showing the models backstage dancing and making complete fun of themselves)
- Selita wearing the million dollar bra(The highlight every year)
- Alessandra - She is the new Giselle, she owned this show next to Heidi. Heidi as an ornament at the end of the show was amazing.
- The last model always has the most amazing winged costume. Hedi Klum of course got that honor.
- The final tableau was amazing. There was a huge Christmas tree in the back that had all of the other models on it when it turned around. What a fantastic finale.
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Reducing Depression: According to a recent survey undertaken by MIND amongst people suffering from depression, many felt much better after eating a banana. This is because bananas contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin, known to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel happier. PMS: Forget the pills -- eat a banana. The vitamin B6 it contains regulates blood glucose levels, which can affect your mood. Anemia: High in iron, bananas can stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood and so helps in cases of anemia. Blood Pressure: This unique tropical fruit is extremely high in potassium yet low in salt, making it the perfect to beat blood pressure. So much so, the US Food and Drug Administration has just allowed the banana industry to make official claims for the fruit's ability to reduce the risk of blood pressure and stroke.
Brain Power: Two-hundred students at a Twickenham (Middlesex, UK) school were helped through their exams this year by eating bananas at breakfast, break, and lunch in a bid to boost their brain power. Research has shown that the potassium-packed fruit can assist learning by making pupils more alert.
Constipation: High in fiber, including bananas in the diet can help restore normal bowel action, helping to overcome the problem without resorting to laxatives.
Hangovers: One of the quickest ways of curing a hangover is to make a banana milkshake, sweetened with honey. The banana calms the stomach and, with the help of the honey, builds up depleted blood sugar levels, while the milk soothes and re-hydrates your system.
Heartburn: Bananas have a natural antacid effect in the body, so if you suffer from heartburn, try eating a banana for soothing relief.
Morning Sickness: Snacking on bananas between meals helps to keep blood-sugar levels up and avoid morning sickness.
Mosquito Bites: Before reaching for the insect bite cream, try rubbing the affected area with the inside of a banana skin. Many people find it amazingly successful at reducing swelling and irritation.
Nerves: Bananas are high in B vitamins that help calm the nervous system. Overweight and at Work? Studies at the Institute of Psychology in Austria found pressure at work leads to gorging on comfort food like chocolate and crisps. Looking at 5,000 hospital patients, researchers found the most obese were more likely to be in high-pressure jobs. The report concluded that, to avoid panic-induced food cravings, we need to control our blood-sugar levels by snacking on high carbohydrate foods every 2 hours to keep levels steady.
Ulcers: The banana is used as the dietary food against intestinal disorders because of its soft texture and smoothness. It is the only raw fruit that can be eaten without distress in over-chronicler cases. It also neutralizes over-acidity and reduces irritation by coating the lining of the stomach.
Temperature Control: Many other cultures see bananas as a "cooling" fruit that can lower both the physical and emotional temperature of expectant mothers. In Thailand, for example, pregnant women eat bananas to ensure their baby is born with a cool temperature.
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD): Bananas can help SAD sufferers because they contain the natural mood enhancer, tryptophan. Smoking Cessation: Bananas can also help people trying to give up smoking. The B6 and B12 they contain, as well as the potassium and magnesium found in them, help the body recover from the effects of nicotine withdrawal.
Stress Relief: Potassium is a vital mineral, which helps normalize the heartbeat, sends oxygen to the brain and regulates your body's water balance. When we are stressed, our metabolic rate rises, thereby reducing our potassium levels. They can be re-balanced with the help of a high-potassium banana snack.
Stroke Risk: According to research in The New England Journal of Medicine, eating bananas as part of a regular diet can cut the risk of death by strokes by as much as 40%!
Wart Removal: Those keen on natural alternatives swear that if you want to kill off a wart, take a piece of banana skin and place it on the wart, with the yellow side out. Carefully hold the skin in place with a plaster or surgical tape!
Splinter Removal: For those hard-to-remove wood splinters, rather than poking and prodding with tweezer and needle, take a small piece of banana skin, large enough to cover the splinter wholly, yellow side out, and carefully tape it over the splinter with a band-aid or tape. Overnight the banana and its enzymes will work the splinter out, dissolving it and sealing the wound. So in the morning, when you remove the band-aid, the pad will be yucky brown mush and no more splinter!
CONCLUSION: So, a banana really is a natural remedy for many ills. When you compare it to an apple, it has four times the protein, twice the carbohydrate, three times the phosphorus, five times the vitamin A and iron, and twice the other vitamins and minerals. It is also rich in potassium and is one of the best value foods around! So maybe its time to change that well-known phrase so that we say: "A banana a day keeps the doctor away!"
Monday, November 19, 2007
Little lifestyle changes can pay big dividends to aging baby boomers who want to stay vibrant, says John Morley, M.D., director of the division of geriatric medicine at Saint Louis University, in a new book that outlines a 10-step program to improve quality of life as we age.
“Living well and feeling good enough to do whatever you want to do throughout your lifetime is priceless,” says Morley, who is coauthor of “The Science of Staying Young.”
“I suggest little changes that involve good eating, such as including dark chocolate in your diet, drinking wine, socializing and adding simple exercises that anyone can do. It’s more fun than most people think. Being proactive about living well and feeling better for the rest of your life, regardless of your current chronological age, doesn’t have to be a chore.”
Morley, who co-directs Saint Louis University’s Center for Aging Successfully, pushes those who want to stay young to add a little SPF – spontaneous physical fun -- to their lives.
He advocates fidgeting in your office chair to burn calories, spending time walking from your car to the mall rather than driving to find a close parking space, working in your garden, taking the stairs instead of the elevator or going dancing once a week.
“Spontaneous physical fun is such a logical thing, and so appealing,” he says.
Morley and coauthor Sheri Colberg, Ph.D., an exercise physiologist and professor of exercise science at Old Dominion University in Virginia, are clear that their book is not a guide to living longer. Rather it is a passport to living better, packed with practical tips to stay young, healthy and vital.
"We both fervently believe that enjoying life is far more important than adding years, particularly if those additional years are spent in poor health,” Morley says.
“Quality of life is more important than quantity of days. Do you want to have more energy, be healthier, feel mentally sharper and rev up your sex drive? All of these are quality questions.”
In his book, Morley blends advice for living better with a prescription to detect medical problems early, when they are most easily treated. “It’s all about being proactive. Boomers like to ask questions, and we’re giving some answers so they can take control of their lives,” he says.
The book breaks the science of staying young into 10 steps.
“The process of getting older, although inevitable, can be a difficult one, both physically and mentally,” Morley says. “But take heart, because you can do many things to keep yourself feeling and looking younger than you really are.”
Source: Saint Louis University
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Friday, November 16, 2007
But do men learn from their experiences? No. Every time we think it's going to be different. We think if we just try harder, or do one little thing differently, the result will change.Well, it's not going to be that way if you keep on pursuing the same kind of women, you'll just get your heart broken over and over again.
Keep a watchful eye out for the following list of women, and you'll be one step closer to curing yourself of habitual heartbreaks:
Credence: Women are angelic creatures who would make the world a UTOPIA if only men would allow them to take over.
Her Way: Miss Feminist postulates that all the ills of society are orchestrated by men and the best things a man can do to improve himself is cut off his testicles and grow a pair of ovaries. Her incessant mantra is "All men think with their penises."
Credence: Men should finance her entire life because she is biologically female. Men should pay for drinks, dinner, trips, flowers, and jewelry, while she feels absolutely no guilt or compulsion to reciprocate.
Her Way: She’s out for money –pure and simple.
Credence: “I am a princess.” Miss Romance is trapped in a fantasy world of Lifetime Channel movies and Romance novels.
Her Way: Every night she goes home alone to spend hours flipping through her bride magazines, imagining that, at any moment, Prince Charming will ride up on his white horse, sweep her off her feet, and offer her a problem-free existence for the rest of her life.
Credence: “Walking-wounded” –she’s been hurt with past relationships and so new relationships in the present should be subconsciously avoided or sabotaged.
Her Way: Miss Elusive is the queen of mixed messages. She will flirt with you and date you, but you'll never get past "friend" status. What you will get is a million excuses for her unavailability, all calculated to deceive herself that she just doesn't have time for a relationship. At first she shows great interest in you, but very quickly runs away.
Credence: There's no such thing as a nice guy -- they're all "jerks," "creeps" and "pigs”.
Her Way: Scorn the male gender and can rattle off all the wrongs and misdeeds of every man they've ever encountered. Simmering anger with men is just waiting to explode at any moment like a volcano.
Credence: “There’s always someone better than me”
Her Way: She's calls you 10 times a day, asking to see "where the relationship is going," or because she "just wants to hear your voice." She seeks constant reassurance that she's attractive, and worries incessantly about her makeup, hair and the alignment of her clothes. She's clingy, needy and compulsive.
Her Way: Miss Bitch treats their fellow humans poorly, cares only about herself, and isn’t concerned at all if they hurt you or anybody else. Miss Bitches are usually good-looking and well dressed, and you can easily identify them by the scowls on their faces as they imperiously strut through the world.
Her Way: Miss Me is entirely focused on herself. She is a selfish, self-indulgent, self-serving narcissist who was raised as "daddy's little girl," and expects the same from guys.
Her Way: She wants to get married ---now.
Her Way: Miss Turncoat will tell you exactly what you want to hear until you're hooked deep into the relationship (or married) and then the truth comes out.
Credence: You can't trust her because she craves male attention and if somebody better comes along, she'll dump you in a heartbeat. She flirts with anything in pants and flaunts her sexuality at every opportunity.
Her Way: Sometimes she sponges off older men; sometimes she's a ball-buster who enjoys getting men sexually excited and then walking away; and sometimes she just basks in her sexual power by attracting men like bees to honey.
Credence: Nasty one who will wind up directing every phase of your life.
Her Way: She is a subtly. She will tell you what to wear, where to go, who to talk to, what friends you can have, what you can eat -- everything. And if you try to stand up for yourself, she will cut off intimacy, cry, scream, pout, or use any other deceptive female tactic until you give in and succumb to her demands.
Apparently, there are a lot of good women out there who share only portions of these negative qualities. So why get involved with the worst of them?
Wednesday, November 14, 2007
Look for decoration on the top where the bust is. The more "intricate"the top part is, the more proportioned you will look. Look for sweetheart, V-neck, or scoop necklines. There are some lightly padded bra suits for swimsuit, but be careful. You don't want to look like a 12-year-old who's stuffed their top.
TOO THICK WAIST
Look for vertical lines or shapes that angle up and down swimsuit. Stay away from horizontal stripes bathing suit. They cut you and your height in half, and will make you look thicker. Keep to solids or small prints. Need extra tummy taming? Some swimsuit even come with special tummy panels that help hold you in.
TOO THICK THIGHS
Look for vertical lines or shapes that angle up and down bathing suit. Stay away from horizontal stripes. They cut you and your height in half, and will make you look thicker. Keep to solids or small prints. Need extra tummy taming? Some suits even come with special tummy panels that help hold you in.
Count yourself lucky! You have the best figure and can wear anything! From vertical to horizontal stripes, high-cut straight tops, V-neck, sweetheart, and scoop necklines, hour glass figures can have their pick of all the variety of swimsuit.
Many of us will be pregnant during the summer months. Now there are really cute maternity swimwear that flatter while you carry your little one. Most of the cuter ones have full skirts, like this one below, so they don't hug tight around your larger belly. Choose a color you will be comfortable in. Don't pick "school bus" yellow if you don't want to stand out.
Your bikini swimsuit should flatter your body type and accentuate your body's features:
- fit well on both top and bottom
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Friday, November 9, 2007
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1 tablespoon distilled water
- 1 teaspoon melted cocoa butter
- 3-4 drops food coloring
- 3-4 drops fragrance or essential oil of choice
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Make a "well" in the middle of the ingredients. Set aside.
- In a separate container, combine the wet ingredients together. Pour them into the well of dry ingredients.
- Mix everything together well using a large spoon, then pour the mixture into a food processor to remove all of the lumps and distribute the color evenly.
- Once mixed, pack the mixture tightly into large plastic molds, each large enough to hold half of the mixture (or just use one big plastic mold of any shape that will hold the mixture). I find that the easiest way to get the product out of the molds without breakage is to line the molds with a bit of cooking spray first. They tend to break up less this way.
- Leave them in a dry place overnight and once they've hardened, they're ready to go!!
Natural and Home Made Body Scrub
Brown Sugar Body Scrub
Do-it-yourself facial is just a kitchen away
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
- 1-1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil (canola oil can be substituted)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the brown sugar into a bowl and pack it tightly using the back of a spoon. Add the olive oil and mix together to form a paste.
- Add the vanilla extract last for a hint of scent. To use, scoop some into the palm of your hand and massage gently from limbs to torso, avoiding broken skin and face.
Easy Bath Bombs
Natural and Home Made Body Scrub
Do-it-yourself facial is just a kitchen away
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
- Removes stain from cloth. To take out all kinds of stain like ink or lipstick, squeeze some on the spot, scrub and rinse.
- Even out scratches on CD / DVD. If the screen freezes, take out the disc, put some toothpaste on it, scrub and clean it off.
- Cleans diamond ring. Just squeeze a little on a used toothbrush, wet the ring, scrub gently, rinse and your diamond ring should be look sparkling new.
- Cleans silver. Toothpaste can be used to polish any kind of silver. It really does bring out the shine in silverwares.
- Placate burns. Right after you get burnt, put it on. It helps to relieve the sting.
- Removes crayon from painted walls. Rub the marks with the toothpaste and a damp rag. Wipe with water to get rid of residue.
- Remove carpet stains. Squeeze some onto the carpet, scrub, rinse and let it dry.
- Relieves insect bites. Spread a little over either of these and you’ll feel soothed and no itches. Mosquito, flea and ant bites work especially well.
- Keep girl babies’ bows in their hair. If they don’t have much hair this is particularly useful. It doesn’t pull it out, it just washes out.
- Clean your nails. Teeth and nails are made of the same material. To clean your nails, squeeze some on top of a toothbrush, wet your nails and brush them thoroughly. Be amazed by the sparkle.
- Clean shoes. Scrubbing toothpaste with a wet toothbrush over the boots, working shoes and rubber part of sneakers will work. It can also be used to remove scuffs.
- Put up posters. You can use toothpaste to put up posters without damaging the wall. However, avoid using it for collector posters. It can damage the ink over time.
- Use it to temporarily seal holes. It can be used as a spackle to fill nail holes. This sounds evil, but you can use it right before you move out of your rented apartment.
- Clean around the bathroom. Use it to clean shower doors and rings around the bath tub. It has an abrasive so that is why it works good.
- Clean your vehicle’s headlight lenses. Put some toothpaste in a bowl with some water. Use a buffer pad and clean off fog caused by dirt and bugs hitting them.
- Clean model cars. Hobbyists who collect and build model cars, robots and action figures can certainly use toothpaste to make them nice and shiny.
- Remove scratches on your watch crystal. Dab some on the watch and scrub it with tissue.
- Treat acne. Be very careful when using this. Use it at most once a week. Just dab a small amount on a pimple before bed, wake up and it will dry up.
- Prevent fog in your swimming goggles. Just wipe it on, clean it off. Works well.
- Clean piano keytops. A dab of toothpaste, a soft cloth and some rubbing will usually clean piano keytops and turn them white again.
- Deodorize smelly hands. Wash your hands with a dab of toothpaste and it will remove smells like onions and other unpleasant odors.
- Remove scratches on glassware. Polish with a squeeze of toothpaste. Your glassware should be shining in no time.
- Remove beach tar. Getting that black beach tar on your feet can put a small crimp in your vacation, but it is easy enough to remove. Just rub it with some non-gel toothpaste and rinse.
- Deodorize baby bottles. It works for sour smelling baby bottles. Scrub with toothpaste and a bottle brush and the bottles should end up smelling clean and fresh.
- Cleans clothes iron. The mild abrasive in non-gel toothpaste is just the ticket for scrubbing the gunk off the bottom plate of your clothes iron. Apply the toothpaste to the cool iron, scrub with a cloth, then rinse clean.
- Remove water marks from furniture. To get rid of those telltale watermark rings left by sweating beverages, gently rub some non-gel toothpaste on the wood with a soft cloth.
Sunday, October 28, 2007
1. Before you begin to shave, check the way your beard grows.The general rule is to shave in the direction of your hair growth. Usually the beard grows downward toward your neck. But on the neck, hair typically grows in the direction of your chin.
2. Take a warm water shower or use a very warm, damp towel to open your pores and soften your beard. Never use hot water; it dehydrates skin.
3. Apply glycolic facial cleanser to your warm, damp skin. The cleanser buffs away surface skin and fine lines. It also prevents ingrown hairs and razor burn. Rinse off with warm water.
4. Avoid cheap shaving creams, gels, or foams! The price may seem right. But these products use numbing agents like benzocaine which close pores and make your beard very difficult to shave.
5. Apply a shave cream or shave gel in a thin, even layer on your face and neck. Don't use too much. The razor will clog and skip. If you're not in too much of a hurry, let the cream or gel soften your beard for a minute or two. Also, make sure you replace your razor after three or four shaves. If you have a heavier beard, change your razor more frequently.
6. Throughout your shave, use your free hand to keep your skin taut and as flat as possible. This will give you a very close shave, without cuts or nicks. Use short strokes, starting with side burns, cheeks, and neck. Finish with the upper lip and chin. Your whiskers are much heavier here, so the cream or gel will have them whipped into submission by the time you get around to shaving them.
7. Frequently rinse your razor under hot water. If necessary, tap it on the sink to remove clogged hair and cream or gel. This keeps the blade sharp and cleans throughout your shave.
8. When you're done, rinse off your face with cool water. Gently pat your face dry. Do not rub.
9. Never use a cheaper, alcohol-based aftershave. The alcohol stings and dries out your skin. Instead, finish your shave with a moisturizing aftershave balm or gel. It'll keep your skin soft and hydrated. If you have oily skin, a low-alcohol astringent is an acceptable alternative.
This regiment may add about 3 minutes from the usual shaving you do. However, your skin will thank you for this.
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
-Smokers are more than twice as likely to drink eight or more alcoholic drinks a week than nonsmokers.
- Smokers are more likely to use drugs.
-Smokers exercise less than nonsmokers.
-Smokers are less likely to use their seatbelts.
-Smokers are twice as likely to be in poor physical health.
-Smokers are 2.6 times more likely to have bronchitis or emphysema.
-Women who smoke over a pack a day are 50% more likely to have facial hair than women who don't smoke.
So, think twice. Just always remember that health is more important than anything else.
Overweight people have an increased risk of high blood pressure, heart disease, and other illnesses. Losing weight reduces the risk. Your doctor or other health worker can help you set sensible goals based on a proper weight for your height, build and age.Men and very active women may need up to 2,500 calories daily. Other women and inactive men need only about 2,000 calories daily. A safe plan is to eat 300 to 500 fewer calories a day to lose 1 to 2 pounds a week.
Exercise atleast 15 minutes a day.
Do at least 15 minutes of exercise everyday, like brisk walking, running, going up and down the stairways, or simply doing household chores like cleaning the floor or washing the car, just to make your body move or sweat a little will be a big help if beginning to lose weight. The idea is to use up more calories than you eat. You need to use up the day's calories and some of the calories stored in your body fat.
Watch what you eat.
Eat Less Fat and Sugar. This will help you cut calories. Fried foods and fatty desserts can quickly use up a day's calories. And these foods may not provide the other nutrients you need.Make sure your other foods that day are low in fat and calories. Eat a wide variety of food, diet helps you get all the vitamins and other nutrients you need. Specially fruits and vegetables.
Thinking about taking Diet Pills?
Diet pills you buy without a prescription won't make a big difference in how much you lose each week or how long you keep the weight off. If you do use them, read the label carefully. Because of possible side effects, like high blood pressure, never take more than the listed dose.
Also, be careful about taking cough or cold medicines with diet pills you buy without a prescription. These medicines may contain the same drug used in diet pills, or a similar drug with the same effects. If you take both products together, you may get too much of the same type of drug. This can hurt you. Before taking a cough or cold medicine while using diet pills, ask your pharmacist if it's OK. Prescription diet pills may help some people. If you use them, follow the doctor's directions carefully.
Signing-up for a Weight Loss Program.
Before Signing Up for a Weight-Loss Program, ask QuestionsDoes the Company:
-Explain possible health risks from weight loss?
-Explain all costs?
-Include weight control over a long time?
-Have proof of success, not just praise by other people?
-Give a clear, truthful statement of how you're going to lose weight, including how much and how fast?
-Teach how to eat healthfully and exercise more?
The most important thing that can help you lose weight is motivating yourself. Have a role-model that can inspire you to achieve the weight that you want to achieve. But what's important is to think first of your health safety before anything else. It's ok not to have "good looks", atleast you're healthy. Losing weight is not just about looking good, but also feeling good and healthy.
- The most common and effective way to make skin beautiful and moisturize is to drink at least 8 or more glasses of water.
- Use Visine on your acne before applying makeup. It truly “gets the red out!”
Good alternative of shaving cream is hair conditioner. It softens the hair making it easier to shave.
- To reduce puffiness, place the back of a chilled spoon, tomatoes or cucumber on your eyes.
You can use petroleum jelly as a under eye moisturizer
Rub a dry body brush in circular motions on your stomach and legs everyday before you shower. This increases the circulation in you body and helps reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Put petroleum jelly on lips and let it for about 2-3 minutes, then use lip pumice or a toothbrush to remove dead skin from your lips and then apply lip balm before going to bed for softer lips.
- When applying eye shadow, use a lighter color on the inside corner of the eyelid and darker colors as you work toward the outer sides. White is always great on the inside corners. This will draw more attention to your eyes.
- Mix oatmeal and honey as a facial mask. Oatmeal has an ingredient great for exfoliation and honey for moisturizer.
- For a nice body scrub, mix baby oil and salt, preferably use iodized salt, then rub and massage it on whole body, focus more on ankles, elbows and toes. Leave for about 5 minutes, then rinse.
- Exercise twenty minutes of running, fast walking or aerobics will increase blood flow to your face. No time? Try just five minutes of jumping jacks.
- Before you shower, apply a rich moisturizing mask or thick layer of moisturizer. The moist heat helps the mask plump up fine lines and creases temporarily. Apply a heavy layer of petroleum jelly to lips. At the end of the shower, use a warm damp washcloth to gently massage off both treatments.
- Go easy on foundation and power, but do use blush and pink, rose or red lipstick to look alert. Stay away from browns and beiges. Keep texture creamy, not matte.
Wash the exfoliant off with warm water.
Dip a washcloth in your left over steaming water. The water should still be warm. Cover your face with washcloth and leave for 5 minutes.
Just apply whole egg mayonnaise on your face directly from the jar for about 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with cool water. Find your skin smooth and supple at once!
It is well proved that honey applied directly on face and neck for about 15 minutes make your skin glow and bleaches your skin slightly too. A combination of tomato and honey is ideal for oily skin. Or banana with honey is goof for skin tightening and firms your skin very well. Take Plain Milk of Magnesia and rub on skin and let it dry later rinse off with lukewarm water.
> Just mix one egg and 1/2 cup cooked instant oatmeal and a teaspoon olive oil until smooth. Spread on your face and leave 15 min then rinse. See the difference!
> A combination of one egg yolk, one teaspoon honey and a teaspoon olive oil and some vitamin E oil will be great for dry skin. This keeps off dryness and provides the required moisture for your dry skin. Ideal in winter for all skin types too.
> You can use egg whites. All you need to do is beat well the egg white and apply directly on to your face. It dries up in no time. Results show that your skin feels clean and tight!
Your skin is now clean and fabulous. Now wasn't that easy?
Easy Bath Bombs
Brown Sugar Body Scrub
Natural and Home Made Body Scrub
Diane Monique Lhuillier (born 1971 in Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines) is a Filipino fashion designer based in the United States. She was born and raised in the Philippine province of Cebu and is of French and Cebuano descent, hence her typical French last name meaning "oilmaker".
Monique LhuillierLhuillier's family is one of the more prominent names in Philippine high society. The family owns a chain of pawnshops currently operating in more than a hundred cities in the nation.
She made the news with two high-profile celebrity weddings in a row. She designed Christine Baumgartner's wedding dress for the fall 2004 wedding to Kevin Costner shortly after designing both of Britney Spears's wedding dresses in her wedding to
Subsequently Lhuillier added evening wear to her line, and several of her efforts showed up on red carpets before awards shows. For the Fall 2007 season she branched off into more typical oddball runway collections.
Some celebrities who wore a Monique Lhuillier's Wedding Gowns are Singer Pink wore an ivory and black Monique Lhuillier gown in order to make "Corey's heart stop for a second." Emilie de Ravin of TV's Lost wore a lacey long gown at her intimate wedding, and Evestar Ali Landry also donned Lhuillier at her top-secret Mexican wedding to director Alejandro Monteverde. She really made a name for herself when she designed two high-profile weddings in a row. Monique Lhuiller designed Christine Baumgartner's wedding dress for her fall 2004 wedding to Kevin Costner shortly after designing both of Britney Spears's wedding dresses in her wedding to Kevin Federline. Not only did she make Britney's long Italian Silk wedding dress, but Britney also chose this designer for the five burgundy silk crepe bridesmaids dresses, her extra-short lace dress post-ceremony, and her mother-of-the-bride and mother-of-the-groom dresses. And also, celebrities that once wore an Monique Lhuillier wedding dresses like Natalie Imbruglia, Charlotte Ross, Debbie Matenopoulos, and was chosen by over 300,000 viewers of the Today Show for Nikki Hensley's wedding dress as part of their "Today Throws a Destination Wedding 2004" series. She also designed 2004 Emmy gowns for winner Allison Janney, and attendees Jamie-Lynn DiScala, Megan Mullally and Famke Janssen.
Some of Monique's Bridal Collection:
All New!! - It's bigger!! - It's better!!We now can offer you a larger selection of sexy styles in high heels and footwear fashion.We are now proud to announce that Affections now has two web sites just packed full of eight of the top brand names in high heel shoes starting at 3" heels all the way up to extreme 8" heels. From dress sandals to platforms we carry them all. The selection of high heel ankle boots, knee high boots & thigh high boots will blow your mind. New styles are arriving just in time for all the fall festivities. We do hope that you will take the time to look at both sites when in need of a new pair of high heel, platforms, or boots.
Like many other Web sites, youstyleit.blogspot.com makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
DoubleClick DART Cookie
.:: Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to users based on their visit to youstyleit.blogspot.com and other sites on the Internet.
youstyleit.blogspot.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers' respective websites.
Stretch marks are a major concern and cause of anxiety for women and men throughout the world. If you are someone who feels embarrassed about your stretch marks and can not wear the clothes you desire, then do something about it. NOW!
What are stretch marks?
They are a form of scarring that result from the skin stretching. They usually appear when your body has big fluctuations in weight and your skin is exposed to sudden rapid growth.The common causes of stretch marks are:
- weigh gain / weight loss
- growth spurts
- hormonal changes or imbalance
- lack of certain nutrients
- certain medications
- body building
It all happens in the dermis, which is the middle layer of the three layers of the skin. When this middle layer is stretched over time, the skin loses its elasticity and the connective fibers within it break and result in stretch marks. At first the stretch marks are red or pink in color and as they heal, they turn white and usually fade a little over time.
They are believed to be hereditary, meaning that if your mom has them, the chances are you will get them too. Many people find them unsightly and would dearly love to remove their stretch marks. Definitely, no woman wants to see her body striped with these ugly lines.
So what can we do to avoid them? Are there ways to prevent and minimize the appearance of stretch marks and restore healthy skin and your confidence? There are several ways to remove stretch marks depending on how much you want to spend and how much effort you want to put in.
How to get rid of Stretch marks
Tip #1 Prevention
As always the best cure is the prevention. What you put in your mouth has a big impact on your skin and its elasticity. So adjusting your diet will have a big impact on preventing stretch marks, as well as healing the ones you already have.
Provide your skin with all the essential nutrients that it needs to heal itself. To accomplish that, you must consume healthy, well balanced diet. And of course don't forget to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day to keep your skin well hydrated.
Tip #2 Skin Massage
That is the cheapest option. Massage your skin with lotions, like cocoa butter with Vitamin E mixture. The quicker you act the better. The new stretch marks that are still pink or red, respond better to any treatment. Once they heal and turn white, they're much harder to reduce.
Massage the affected areas for 10-15 minutes in circular motion, once or twice a day preferably after a shower, when skin is still damp. You will not see results overnight, but if you do it consistently and if you provide your skin with the necessary nutrition to repair itself, you will see the positive results you're looking for.
Tip #3 Stretch mark removal cream
A number of stretch removal cream are out in the market today. However, there are also risks in time, money and health. Be safe. Try those products that are respectable that can really remove stretch marks. There are top three stretch removal cream that provide satisfying result. These are: Revitol Stretch Mark Removal and Prevention Cream; TriLASTIN-SR; and Mama Mio. Under the test reviews done using these products include ease of use, effectiveness, ingredients and customer satisfaction.
Tip #4 Laser treatment
And if you want to invest some money, you can try laser therapy. Laser treatment is available to remove stretch marks; however this is very expensive and disruptive as you will have to go to hospital for the treatment. The results are good but you certainly pay for it. There is also the recovery time after such treatment to consider.
Laser therapy for stretch marks is still a very new procedure and the degree of its effectiveness is not widely known. Although there are some doctors that support this treatment, majority of the specialists such as plastic surgeons do not approve of the laser stretch marks removal. They claim that while the laser is able to remove and break down the tissue, it cannot not repair already damaged tissue. However there are patients who are satisfied with the results and report significant improvement in the appearance of their stretch marks.
Tip #4 Time they say time is a good healer.
You can wait and do nothing if you are not concerned about revealing your stretch marks. They will fade to some degree over a number of years. This has the advantage of zero cost, but as stated this is no quick remedy. Over this time you must ensure you stick to a balanced diet to ensure your skin has the necessary nutrients to facilitate the healing process.
- "Hey there, big mama!"
- "I'm not sure I want to be seen with you the way you look."
- "My God, you're enormous! Are you sure you're not having twins?"
- "Your snoring is keeping me awake."
- "Why are you so tired?" -husband
- "Well, looks like the boob fairy has visited you!"
- "I'll be glad when your hormones go back to normal." -husband
- "Should you be eating that?"
- "You shouldn't be feeling so tired. You're not that pregnant yet."
- "So, are you still with the father?"
- "How do you walk without falling forward?"
- "Are you gonna get fixed after this one?"
- "Enjoy sleep/time to yourself/insert-any-enjoyable-activity-here now, because you'll never get any once the baby comes!"
- "Yeah, this pregnancy has been really hard on me, too." -husband
Even worse? Never follow these examples:
- "You must be having a girl? They say that girl babies steal their mother's beauty."
- "It's about time; we were beginning to wonder if you needed a biology lesson!" We'd been trying for a year, and I'd been on fertility drugs for six months. -father-in-law
- "After you, your load is bigger than mine." -delivery guy
- "Why aren't you wearing maternity clothes? Do you not believe in them?" - nutty women
- "You young girls need to see there are other things to do in the winter, and you won't end up in your situation."- old lady
- "if you go into labor on Christmas Eve, I will just have to miss it because I have to go to the mall for the sales." - sister-in-law
- "Real women don't need pain medication during labor."-father-in-law
- "You look like a pregnant orangutan! (pause for a few second) Hey, I don't mean it in a bad way! (but how can that be meant in a good way?!) - husband
- Pregnant anxious about her pregnancy risk, then a co-worker will tell details about her miscarriages.
Socks With Sandals
Who decided this was okay in the first place? If you want to wear sandals this badly, wear it, but forget about socks. Coz it's simply sucks!
Novelty Ties, Shirts, Boxers Shorts...ETC...
There is nothing lasting about novelty clothing nor does it project a stylish, put together image. Leave the smiley faces, hearts, reindeer, shamrocks, animal and various other prints on the racks of the store where you found them.
Blaring Designer Labels
Don't be a walking advertisement. It's not a sophisticated look. Just because you are wearing a designer's name on your chest, sleeve, or wherever, doesn't make you stylish. Keep it understated and simple.
Backpacks at the Office
OK, maybe this is just a misdemeanor, but you're trying to climb the corporate ladder, not hike up a mountain. A nice messenger bag will do just fine. Forget about the good old school days.
These were okay back in the 90s, but the big chunky shoes, especially those with square toes, should be retired at this point. Choose something classic that stands the test of time.
Shiny or Glittery Shirts and Suits
Are you into nightclubbing? Bet, there are better choices than those that are "shining, shimmering, splendid!" If no, try a form fitting black t-shirt or black dress shirt which can be worn with jeans or trousers and dress shoes or casual shoes.
Clothes that are Too Loose Fitting
Yeah boy! Did you say Hip-hop? They aren't right to look at in a corporate world come on! Choose clothes that fit your body. This might take some experimentation by mixing and matching certain cuts and styles until you find the right fit for your body that is flattering.
Do you know the word LOUD? The colors you wear should compliment your natural features such as your eye color, skin tone and body shape. Stick to complementary colors (those opposite from each other on the color wheel) or colors from the same pallet. Match pale clothes with light-colored shoes and dark clothes with dark shoes.