Tuesday, October 16, 2007

What Should You Never Say To A Pregnant Woman

Pregnant women tend to be extra sensitive. Sometimes, we just don't get it. I mean "we" --mothers-in-law, coworkers and total strangers can have a knack for saying exactly the wrong thing, too.
  • "Hey there, big mama!"
  • "I'm not sure I want to be seen with you the way you look."
  • "My God, you're enormous! Are you sure you're not having twins?"
  • "Your snoring is keeping me awake."
  • "Why are you so tired?" -husband
  • "Well, looks like the boob fairy has visited you!"
  • "I'll be glad when your hormones go back to normal." -husband
  • "Should you be eating that?"
  • "You shouldn't be feeling so tired. You're not that pregnant yet."
  • "So, are you still with the father?"
  • "How do you walk without falling forward?"
  • "Are you gonna get fixed after this one?"
  • "Enjoy sleep/time to yourself/insert-any-enjoyable-activity-here now, because you'll never get any once the baby comes!"
  • "Yeah, this pregnancy has been really hard on me, too." -husband

Even worse? Never follow these examples:

  • "You must be having a girl? They say that girl babies steal their mother's beauty."
  • "It's about time; we were beginning to wonder if you needed a biology lesson!" We'd been trying for a year, and I'd been on fertility drugs for six months. -father-in-law
  • "After you, your load is bigger than mine." -delivery guy
  • "Why aren't you wearing maternity clothes? Do you not believe in them?" - nutty women
  • "You young girls need to see there are other things to do in the winter, and you won't end up in your situation."- old lady
  • "if you go into labor on Christmas Eve, I will just have to miss it because I have to go to the mall for the sales." - sister-in-law
  • "Real women don't need pain medication during labor."-father-in-law
  • "You look like a pregnant orangutan! (pause for a few second) Hey, I don't mean it in a bad way! (but how can that be meant in a good way?!) - husband
  • Pregnant anxious about her pregnancy risk, then a co-worker will tell details about her miscarriages.

Ref:

http://www.akomodelo.com/article.asp?tip=1344685

No comments:

Post a Comment