- Removes stain from cloth. To take out all kinds of stain like ink or lipstick, squeeze some on the spot, scrub and rinse.
- Even out scratches on CD / DVD. If the screen freezes, take out the disc, put some toothpaste on it, scrub and clean it off.
- Cleans diamond ring. Just squeeze a little on a used toothbrush, wet the ring, scrub gently, rinse and your diamond ring should be look sparkling new.
- Cleans silver. Toothpaste can be used to polish any kind of silver. It really does bring out the shine in silverwares.
- Placate burns. Right after you get burnt, put it on. It helps to relieve the sting.
- Removes crayon from painted walls. Rub the marks with the toothpaste and a damp rag. Wipe with water to get rid of residue.
- Remove carpet stains. Squeeze some onto the carpet, scrub, rinse and let it dry.
- Relieves insect bites. Spread a little over either of these and you’ll feel soothed and no itches. Mosquito, flea and ant bites work especially well.
- Keep girl babies’ bows in their hair. If they don’t have much hair this is particularly useful. It doesn’t pull it out, it just washes out.
- Clean your nails. Teeth and nails are made of the same material. To clean your nails, squeeze some on top of a toothbrush, wet your nails and brush them thoroughly. Be amazed by the sparkle.
- Clean shoes. Scrubbing toothpaste with a wet toothbrush over the boots, working shoes and rubber part of sneakers will work. It can also be used to remove scuffs.
- Put up posters. You can use toothpaste to put up posters without damaging the wall. However, avoid using it for collector posters. It can damage the ink over time.
- Use it to temporarily seal holes. It can be used as a spackle to fill nail holes. This sounds evil, but you can use it right before you move out of your rented apartment.
- Clean around the bathroom. Use it to clean shower doors and rings around the bath tub. It has an abrasive so that is why it works good.
- Clean your vehicle’s headlight lenses. Put some toothpaste in a bowl with some water. Use a buffer pad and clean off fog caused by dirt and bugs hitting them.
- Clean model cars. Hobbyists who collect and build model cars, robots and action figures can certainly use toothpaste to make them nice and shiny.
- Remove scratches on your watch crystal. Dab some on the watch and scrub it with tissue.
- Treat acne. Be very careful when using this. Use it at most once a week. Just dab a small amount on a pimple before bed, wake up and it will dry up.
- Prevent fog in your swimming goggles. Just wipe it on, clean it off. Works well.
- Clean piano keytops. A dab of toothpaste, a soft cloth and some rubbing will usually clean piano keytops and turn them white again.
- Deodorize smelly hands. Wash your hands with a dab of toothpaste and it will remove smells like onions and other unpleasant odors.
- Remove scratches on glassware. Polish with a squeeze of toothpaste. Your glassware should be shining in no time.
- Remove beach tar. Getting that black beach tar on your feet can put a small crimp in your vacation, but it is easy enough to remove. Just rub it with some non-gel toothpaste and rinse.
- Deodorize baby bottles. It works for sour smelling baby bottles. Scrub with toothpaste and a bottle brush and the bottles should end up smelling clean and fresh.
- Cleans clothes iron. The mild abrasive in non-gel toothpaste is just the ticket for scrubbing the gunk off the bottom plate of your clothes iron. Apply the toothpaste to the cool iron, scrub with a cloth, then rinse clean.
- Remove water marks from furniture. To get rid of those telltale watermark rings left by sweating beverages, gently rub some non-gel toothpaste on the wood with a soft cloth.
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Sunday, October 28, 2007
1. Before you begin to shave, check the way your beard grows.The general rule is to shave in the direction of your hair growth. Usually the beard grows downward toward your neck. But on the neck, hair typically grows in the direction of your chin.
2. Take a warm water shower or use a very warm, damp towel to open your pores and soften your beard. Never use hot water; it dehydrates skin.
3. Apply glycolic facial cleanser to your warm, damp skin. The cleanser buffs away surface skin and fine lines. It also prevents ingrown hairs and razor burn. Rinse off with warm water.
4. Avoid cheap shaving creams, gels, or foams! The price may seem right. But these products use numbing agents like benzocaine which close pores and make your beard very difficult to shave.
5. Apply a shave cream or shave gel in a thin, even layer on your face and neck. Don't use too much. The razor will clog and skip. If you're not in too much of a hurry, let the cream or gel soften your beard for a minute or two. Also, make sure you replace your razor after three or four shaves. If you have a heavier beard, change your razor more frequently.
6. Throughout your shave, use your free hand to keep your skin taut and as flat as possible. This will give you a very close shave, without cuts or nicks. Use short strokes, starting with side burns, cheeks, and neck. Finish with the upper lip and chin. Your whiskers are much heavier here, so the cream or gel will have them whipped into submission by the time you get around to shaving them.
7. Frequently rinse your razor under hot water. If necessary, tap it on the sink to remove clogged hair and cream or gel. This keeps the blade sharp and cleans throughout your shave.
8. When you're done, rinse off your face with cool water. Gently pat your face dry. Do not rub.
9. Never use a cheaper, alcohol-based aftershave. The alcohol stings and dries out your skin. Instead, finish your shave with a moisturizing aftershave balm or gel. It'll keep your skin soft and hydrated. If you have oily skin, a low-alcohol astringent is an acceptable alternative.
This regiment may add about 3 minutes from the usual shaving you do. However, your skin will thank you for this.
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
-Smokers are more than twice as likely to drink eight or more alcoholic drinks a week than nonsmokers.
- Smokers are more likely to use drugs.
-Smokers exercise less than nonsmokers.
-Smokers are less likely to use their seatbelts.
-Smokers are twice as likely to be in poor physical health.
-Smokers are 2.6 times more likely to have bronchitis or emphysema.
-Women who smoke over a pack a day are 50% more likely to have facial hair than women who don't smoke.
So, think twice. Just always remember that health is more important than anything else.
Overweight people have an increased risk of high blood pressure, heart disease, and other illnesses. Losing weight reduces the risk. Your doctor or other health worker can help you set sensible goals based on a proper weight for your height, build and age.Men and very active women may need up to 2,500 calories daily. Other women and inactive men need only about 2,000 calories daily. A safe plan is to eat 300 to 500 fewer calories a day to lose 1 to 2 pounds a week.
Exercise atleast 15 minutes a day.
Do at least 15 minutes of exercise everyday, like brisk walking, running, going up and down the stairways, or simply doing household chores like cleaning the floor or washing the car, just to make your body move or sweat a little will be a big help if beginning to lose weight. The idea is to use up more calories than you eat. You need to use up the day's calories and some of the calories stored in your body fat.
Watch what you eat.
Eat Less Fat and Sugar. This will help you cut calories. Fried foods and fatty desserts can quickly use up a day's calories. And these foods may not provide the other nutrients you need.Make sure your other foods that day are low in fat and calories. Eat a wide variety of food, diet helps you get all the vitamins and other nutrients you need. Specially fruits and vegetables.
Thinking about taking Diet Pills?
Diet pills you buy without a prescription won't make a big difference in how much you lose each week or how long you keep the weight off. If you do use them, read the label carefully. Because of possible side effects, like high blood pressure, never take more than the listed dose.
Also, be careful about taking cough or cold medicines with diet pills you buy without a prescription. These medicines may contain the same drug used in diet pills, or a similar drug with the same effects. If you take both products together, you may get too much of the same type of drug. This can hurt you. Before taking a cough or cold medicine while using diet pills, ask your pharmacist if it's OK. Prescription diet pills may help some people. If you use them, follow the doctor's directions carefully.
Signing-up for a Weight Loss Program.
Before Signing Up for a Weight-Loss Program, ask QuestionsDoes the Company:
-Explain possible health risks from weight loss?
-Explain all costs?
-Include weight control over a long time?
-Have proof of success, not just praise by other people?
-Give a clear, truthful statement of how you're going to lose weight, including how much and how fast?
-Teach how to eat healthfully and exercise more?
The most important thing that can help you lose weight is motivating yourself. Have a role-model that can inspire you to achieve the weight that you want to achieve. But what's important is to think first of your health safety before anything else. It's ok not to have "good looks", atleast you're healthy. Losing weight is not just about looking good, but also feeling good and healthy.
- The most common and effective way to make skin beautiful and moisturize is to drink at least 8 or more glasses of water.
- Use Visine on your acne before applying makeup. It truly “gets the red out!”
Good alternative of shaving cream is hair conditioner. It softens the hair making it easier to shave.
- To reduce puffiness, place the back of a chilled spoon, tomatoes or cucumber on your eyes.
You can use petroleum jelly as a under eye moisturizer
Rub a dry body brush in circular motions on your stomach and legs everyday before you shower. This increases the circulation in you body and helps reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Put petroleum jelly on lips and let it for about 2-3 minutes, then use lip pumice or a toothbrush to remove dead skin from your lips and then apply lip balm before going to bed for softer lips.
- When applying eye shadow, use a lighter color on the inside corner of the eyelid and darker colors as you work toward the outer sides. White is always great on the inside corners. This will draw more attention to your eyes.
- Mix oatmeal and honey as a facial mask. Oatmeal has an ingredient great for exfoliation and honey for moisturizer.
- For a nice body scrub, mix baby oil and salt, preferably use iodized salt, then rub and massage it on whole body, focus more on ankles, elbows and toes. Leave for about 5 minutes, then rinse.
- Exercise twenty minutes of running, fast walking or aerobics will increase blood flow to your face. No time? Try just five minutes of jumping jacks.
- Before you shower, apply a rich moisturizing mask or thick layer of moisturizer. The moist heat helps the mask plump up fine lines and creases temporarily. Apply a heavy layer of petroleum jelly to lips. At the end of the shower, use a warm damp washcloth to gently massage off both treatments.
- Go easy on foundation and power, but do use blush and pink, rose or red lipstick to look alert. Stay away from browns and beiges. Keep texture creamy, not matte.
Wash the exfoliant off with warm water.
Dip a washcloth in your left over steaming water. The water should still be warm. Cover your face with washcloth and leave for 5 minutes.
Just apply whole egg mayonnaise on your face directly from the jar for about 15-20 minutes. Rinse off with cool water. Find your skin smooth and supple at once!
It is well proved that honey applied directly on face and neck for about 15 minutes make your skin glow and bleaches your skin slightly too. A combination of tomato and honey is ideal for oily skin. Or banana with honey is goof for skin tightening and firms your skin very well. Take Plain Milk of Magnesia and rub on skin and let it dry later rinse off with lukewarm water.
> Just mix one egg and 1/2 cup cooked instant oatmeal and a teaspoon olive oil until smooth. Spread on your face and leave 15 min then rinse. See the difference!
> A combination of one egg yolk, one teaspoon honey and a teaspoon olive oil and some vitamin E oil will be great for dry skin. This keeps off dryness and provides the required moisture for your dry skin. Ideal in winter for all skin types too.
> You can use egg whites. All you need to do is beat well the egg white and apply directly on to your face. It dries up in no time. Results show that your skin feels clean and tight!
Your skin is now clean and fabulous. Now wasn't that easy?
Easy Bath Bombs
Brown Sugar Body Scrub
Natural and Home Made Body Scrub
Diane Monique Lhuillier (born 1971 in Cebu City, Cebu, Philippines) is a Filipino fashion designer based in the United States. She was born and raised in the Philippine province of Cebu and is of French and Cebuano descent, hence her typical French last name meaning "oilmaker".
Monique LhuillierLhuillier's family is one of the more prominent names in Philippine high society. The family owns a chain of pawnshops currently operating in more than a hundred cities in the nation.
She made the news with two high-profile celebrity weddings in a row. She designed Christine Baumgartner's wedding dress for the fall 2004 wedding to Kevin Costner shortly after designing both of Britney Spears's wedding dresses in her wedding to
Subsequently Lhuillier added evening wear to her line, and several of her efforts showed up on red carpets before awards shows. For the Fall 2007 season she branched off into more typical oddball runway collections.
Some celebrities who wore a Monique Lhuillier's Wedding Gowns are Singer Pink wore an ivory and black Monique Lhuillier gown in order to make "Corey's heart stop for a second." Emilie de Ravin of TV's Lost wore a lacey long gown at her intimate wedding, and Evestar Ali Landry also donned Lhuillier at her top-secret Mexican wedding to director Alejandro Monteverde. She really made a name for herself when she designed two high-profile weddings in a row. Monique Lhuiller designed Christine Baumgartner's wedding dress for her fall 2004 wedding to Kevin Costner shortly after designing both of Britney Spears's wedding dresses in her wedding to Kevin Federline. Not only did she make Britney's long Italian Silk wedding dress, but Britney also chose this designer for the five burgundy silk crepe bridesmaids dresses, her extra-short lace dress post-ceremony, and her mother-of-the-bride and mother-of-the-groom dresses. And also, celebrities that once wore an Monique Lhuillier wedding dresses like Natalie Imbruglia, Charlotte Ross, Debbie Matenopoulos, and was chosen by over 300,000 viewers of the Today Show for Nikki Hensley's wedding dress as part of their "Today Throws a Destination Wedding 2004" series. She also designed 2004 Emmy gowns for winner Allison Janney, and attendees Jamie-Lynn DiScala, Megan Mullally and Famke Janssen.
Some of Monique's Bridal Collection:
All New!! - It's bigger!! - It's better!!We now can offer you a larger selection of sexy styles in high heels and footwear fashion.We are now proud to announce that Affections now has two web sites just packed full of eight of the top brand names in high heel shoes starting at 3" heels all the way up to extreme 8" heels. From dress sandals to platforms we carry them all. The selection of high heel ankle boots, knee high boots & thigh high boots will blow your mind. New styles are arriving just in time for all the fall festivities. We do hope that you will take the time to look at both sites when in need of a new pair of high heel, platforms, or boots.
Like many other Web sites, youstyleit.blogspot.com makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
DoubleClick DART Cookie
.:: Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to users based on their visit to youstyleit.blogspot.com and other sites on the Internet.
youstyleit.blogspot.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers' respective websites.
Stretch marks are a major concern and cause of anxiety for women and men throughout the world. If you are someone who feels embarrassed about your stretch marks and can not wear the clothes you desire, then do something about it. NOW!
What are stretch marks?
They are a form of scarring that result from the skin stretching. They usually appear when your body has big fluctuations in weight and your skin is exposed to sudden rapid growth.The common causes of stretch marks are:
- weigh gain / weight loss
- growth spurts
- hormonal changes or imbalance
- lack of certain nutrients
- certain medications
- body building
It all happens in the dermis, which is the middle layer of the three layers of the skin. When this middle layer is stretched over time, the skin loses its elasticity and the connective fibers within it break and result in stretch marks. At first the stretch marks are red or pink in color and as they heal, they turn white and usually fade a little over time.
They are believed to be hereditary, meaning that if your mom has them, the chances are you will get them too. Many people find them unsightly and would dearly love to remove their stretch marks. Definitely, no woman wants to see her body striped with these ugly lines.
So what can we do to avoid them? Are there ways to prevent and minimize the appearance of stretch marks and restore healthy skin and your confidence? There are several ways to remove stretch marks depending on how much you want to spend and how much effort you want to put in.
How to get rid of Stretch marks
Tip #1 Prevention
As always the best cure is the prevention. What you put in your mouth has a big impact on your skin and its elasticity. So adjusting your diet will have a big impact on preventing stretch marks, as well as healing the ones you already have.
Provide your skin with all the essential nutrients that it needs to heal itself. To accomplish that, you must consume healthy, well balanced diet. And of course don't forget to drink 8-10 glasses of water a day to keep your skin well hydrated.
Tip #2 Skin Massage
That is the cheapest option. Massage your skin with lotions, like cocoa butter with Vitamin E mixture. The quicker you act the better. The new stretch marks that are still pink or red, respond better to any treatment. Once they heal and turn white, they're much harder to reduce.
Massage the affected areas for 10-15 minutes in circular motion, once or twice a day preferably after a shower, when skin is still damp. You will not see results overnight, but if you do it consistently and if you provide your skin with the necessary nutrition to repair itself, you will see the positive results you're looking for.
Tip #3 Stretch mark removal cream
A number of stretch removal cream are out in the market today. However, there are also risks in time, money and health. Be safe. Try those products that are respectable that can really remove stretch marks. There are top three stretch removal cream that provide satisfying result. These are: Revitol Stretch Mark Removal and Prevention Cream; TriLASTIN-SR; and Mama Mio. Under the test reviews done using these products include ease of use, effectiveness, ingredients and customer satisfaction.
Tip #4 Laser treatment
And if you want to invest some money, you can try laser therapy. Laser treatment is available to remove stretch marks; however this is very expensive and disruptive as you will have to go to hospital for the treatment. The results are good but you certainly pay for it. There is also the recovery time after such treatment to consider.
Laser therapy for stretch marks is still a very new procedure and the degree of its effectiveness is not widely known. Although there are some doctors that support this treatment, majority of the specialists such as plastic surgeons do not approve of the laser stretch marks removal. They claim that while the laser is able to remove and break down the tissue, it cannot not repair already damaged tissue. However there are patients who are satisfied with the results and report significant improvement in the appearance of their stretch marks.
Tip #4 Time they say time is a good healer.
You can wait and do nothing if you are not concerned about revealing your stretch marks. They will fade to some degree over a number of years. This has the advantage of zero cost, but as stated this is no quick remedy. Over this time you must ensure you stick to a balanced diet to ensure your skin has the necessary nutrients to facilitate the healing process.
- "Hey there, big mama!"
- "I'm not sure I want to be seen with you the way you look."
- "My God, you're enormous! Are you sure you're not having twins?"
- "Your snoring is keeping me awake."
- "Why are you so tired?" -husband
- "Well, looks like the boob fairy has visited you!"
- "I'll be glad when your hormones go back to normal." -husband
- "Should you be eating that?"
- "You shouldn't be feeling so tired. You're not that pregnant yet."
- "So, are you still with the father?"
- "How do you walk without falling forward?"
- "Are you gonna get fixed after this one?"
- "Enjoy sleep/time to yourself/insert-any-enjoyable-activity-here now, because you'll never get any once the baby comes!"
- "Yeah, this pregnancy has been really hard on me, too." -husband
Even worse? Never follow these examples:
- "You must be having a girl? They say that girl babies steal their mother's beauty."
- "It's about time; we were beginning to wonder if you needed a biology lesson!" We'd been trying for a year, and I'd been on fertility drugs for six months. -father-in-law
- "After you, your load is bigger than mine." -delivery guy
- "Why aren't you wearing maternity clothes? Do you not believe in them?" - nutty women
- "You young girls need to see there are other things to do in the winter, and you won't end up in your situation."- old lady
- "if you go into labor on Christmas Eve, I will just have to miss it because I have to go to the mall for the sales." - sister-in-law
- "Real women don't need pain medication during labor."-father-in-law
- "You look like a pregnant orangutan! (pause for a few second) Hey, I don't mean it in a bad way! (but how can that be meant in a good way?!) - husband
- Pregnant anxious about her pregnancy risk, then a co-worker will tell details about her miscarriages.
Socks With Sandals
Who decided this was okay in the first place? If you want to wear sandals this badly, wear it, but forget about socks. Coz it's simply sucks!
Novelty Ties, Shirts, Boxers Shorts...ETC...
There is nothing lasting about novelty clothing nor does it project a stylish, put together image. Leave the smiley faces, hearts, reindeer, shamrocks, animal and various other prints on the racks of the store where you found them.
Blaring Designer Labels
Don't be a walking advertisement. It's not a sophisticated look. Just because you are wearing a designer's name on your chest, sleeve, or wherever, doesn't make you stylish. Keep it understated and simple.
Backpacks at the Office
OK, maybe this is just a misdemeanor, but you're trying to climb the corporate ladder, not hike up a mountain. A nice messenger bag will do just fine. Forget about the good old school days.
These were okay back in the 90s, but the big chunky shoes, especially those with square toes, should be retired at this point. Choose something classic that stands the test of time.
Shiny or Glittery Shirts and Suits
Are you into nightclubbing? Bet, there are better choices than those that are "shining, shimmering, splendid!" If no, try a form fitting black t-shirt or black dress shirt which can be worn with jeans or trousers and dress shoes or casual shoes.
Clothes that are Too Loose Fitting
Yeah boy! Did you say Hip-hop? They aren't right to look at in a corporate world come on! Choose clothes that fit your body. This might take some experimentation by mixing and matching certain cuts and styles until you find the right fit for your body that is flattering.
Do you know the word LOUD? The colors you wear should compliment your natural features such as your eye color, skin tone and body shape. Stick to complementary colors (those opposite from each other on the color wheel) or colors from the same pallet. Match pale clothes with light-colored shoes and dark clothes with dark shoes.